|Transport to and around Glebe
There is an efficient bus system with several bus routes to and from the city, Balmain, Coogee and Leichhardt serving Glebe:
- Route 431: Glebe Point - Millers Point/The Rocks; via Central Station, City and CBD: Timetable | Bus Route Map
- Route 432: Birchgrove - Millers Point; via Glebe, Central Station, City and CBD: Timetable | Bus Route Map
- Route 433: Balmain - Millers Point; via Glebe, Central Station, City and CBD: Timetable | Bus Route Map
- Route 434: Balmain - Millers Point; via Glebe Point, Glebe, Central Station, City and CBD: Timetable | Bus Route Map
- Route 370: Leichhardt to Coogee; via Glebe, Newtown, Alexandria, Randwick, Kensington and the University of New South Wales: Timetable | Bus Route Map
- Route 470: Lilyfield/Leichhardt Marketplace - Circular Quay, via Forest Lodge: Timetable | Bus Route Map
See the State Transit Authority's site for schedules and exact routes.
The Village to Village Bus is a free bus service operated by the City of Sydney running at selected times on Thursdays and Fridays, linking Glebe to Redfern, via Camperdown/RPA. See the bus schedule and map for more information.
Metro Light Rail Tram
The Metro Light Rail tram also runs between Central Station and Lilyfield.
There are two tram stops in Glebe, located at Bridge Road and Jubilee Park.
From the Airport
Kingsford Smith Transport's Airporter Shuttle Bus: drops you off at your hotel/hostel. Approx $14pp.
Airport Link - Airport Train/Bus: Catch the airport train (approx $15) to Central Station, and then transfer to a 431 or 433 bus (approx $3) at Railway Square.
Taxi: approximately $40-50 depending on traffic (estimatation from World Taxi Meter).
Parking in Glebe
There are parking meters along much of Glebe Point Road. Off Glebe Point Road, many areas are unmetered but timed parking.
Residents and businesses are entitled to apply for parking permits under the Glebe Resident and Glebe Business Parking Schemes. See City of Sydney's page on Glebe Parking Precinct for more information.
The Broadway Shopping Centre offers three hours free parking for customers.
The City of Sydney's page on Cycling has comprehensive information and resources for cyclists, including cycle maps and bike parking.